Contributed by Ste. Agathe Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Front interior of the Daughters of Wisdom Convent Chapel where the Sisters and the boarders heard daily Mass.
On the far right is the statue of Father Louie- Marie Grignion, born at Montfort-la-Canne, France January 31 1673. He is the founder of the religious congregation of the Daughters of Wisdom. On February 2, 1703 Marie-Louise Trichet knelt at the feet of Father Louie-Marie de Montfort and he blessed the religious habit of the first Daughter of Wisdom in the Genreral Hospital Chapel at Poitier, France.
About This Item
- Title: Daughters of Wisdom Convent Chapel, St. Agatha, ca. 1910
- Creation Date: circa 1910
- Subject Date: circa 1910
- Town: St. Agatha
- County: Aroostook
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 18 cm x 13 cm
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Grignion de Montford, Louis-Marie, Saint, 1673-1716--Commemoration
- Ste. Agatha Catholic Church (Saint Agatha, Me.)
- Catholic churches--Maine--Saint Agatha
- Convents--Maine--Saint Agatha
- Chapels--Maine--Saint Agatha
- Churches--Maine--Saint Agatha
- Daughters of Wisdom
For more information about this item, contact:Ste. Agathe Historical Society
P.O. Box 237, St. Agatha, ME 04772
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.