Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Panoramic photograph of Matinicus Harbor on Matinicus Island. The harbor is located on the eastern part of the Island, protected from the Atlantic Ocean by Wheaton Island. This photograph shows Wheaton Island and was taken from Harbor Point at the southwest end of Matinicus Harbor.
About This Item
- Title: Matinicus Harbor, Matinicus, ca. 1890
- Creation Date: circa 1890
- Subject Date: circa 1890
- Location: Matinicus Island, Knox County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 8.5 cm x 29.5 cm
- Local Code: 1997.301.2, Photographs--Matinicus Island
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Harbors--Maine--Matinicus Island
- Matinicus Harbor (Matinicus Island, Me.)
- Matinicus Island (Me.)
- Panoramic photographs--Maine--Matinicus Island
- Panoramic views--Maine--Matinicus Island
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.