Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Panoramic photograph of Halls Cove on the island of Matinicus. It was named after Ebenezer Hall, the island's first officially recorded settler of European descent. The cove is now known as Philbrook Cove. This photo shows the northern end of Matinicus Harbor including the wharf.
About This Item
- Title: Hall's Cove, Matinicus Isle, ca. 1890
- Creation Date: circa 1890
- Subject Date: circa 1890
- Town: Matinicus Island
- County: Knox
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 8.5 cm x 29 cm
- Local Code: 1997.301.1, Photographs--Matinicus Island
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Halls Cove (Matinicus Island, Me.)
- Harbors--Maine--Matinicus Island
- Matinicus Island (Me.)
- Panoramic photographs--Maine--Matinicus Island
- Panoramic views--Maine--Matinicus Island
- Philbrook Cove (Matinicus Island, Me.).
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.