Contributed by Norcross Heritage Trust
The Great Northern Paper Company towboat, West Branch No. 3, replaced the West Branch 1 during 1943-44.
The towboat was built at North Twin Dam and served on the Lower Lakes hauling booms of pulp wood until 1963.
About This Item
- Title: Steamboat "West Branch No. 3," Lower Lakes, West Branch Penobscot River, ca. 1945
- Creation Date: circa 1945
- Subject Date: circa 1945
- Location: Indian Purchase Township No. 3, Penobscot County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 9.3 cm x 12.5 cm
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Bodies of water--Maine--Indian Purchase Township No. 3
- Docks and piers--Maine--Indian Purchase Township No. 3
- Great Northern Paper Company
- Lumber industry--Maine--Indian Purchase Township No. 3
- Penobscot River (Me.)
- Steamboats--Maine--Indian Purchase Township No. 3
- Tugboats--Maine--Indian Purchase Township No. 3
For more information about this item, contact:Norcross Heritage Trust
80 Lyme Rd., Apt 353, Hanover, NH 03755
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.