Contributed by Norcross Heritage Trust
Steamboats Agnes (left) and Rainbow (right) unloaded sportsmen and gear at Ambajejus Landing for further travel to area sporting camps.
The man near the bow of the Rainbow with his elbow cocked is Fred Fowler, co-proprietor of The Norcross House and Norcross Transportation Company.
About This Item
- Title: Steamers unloading passengers, Ambajejus Lake, ca. 1905
- Creation Date: circa 1905
- Subject Date: circa 1905
- Local Name: Ambajejus Landing
- Town: T2 R9 WELS
- County: Piscataquis
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 8.6 cm x 13.7 cm
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Norcross Heritage Trust
80 Lyme Rd., Apt 353, Hanover, NH 03755
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Bodies of water--Maine--Ambajejus Landing
- Canoes--Maine--Ambajejus Landing
- Docks and piers--Maine--Ambajejus Landing
- Passengers--Maine--Ambajejus Landing
- Steamboats--Maine--Ambajejus Landing
- Tourists--Maine--Ambajejus Landing
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.