Contributed by Biddeford Mills Museum
Candlepin bowling was popular among the Pepperell Mill textile workers in the mid 1950s and 1960s.
The local union of the Textile Workers Union of America (TWUA-CIO) sponsored both men's and women's leagues. They bowled at the Pastime Lanes, located on Main Street in Biddeford and at 20th Century Lane on Franklin Street in Biddeford.
Left to right front: A. Bergeron, G. Lamontagne; back: R. Gagnon, R. Danis, B. Huppe.
About This Item
- Title: Union candlepin bowling men's league, Biddeford, ca. 1955
- Creator: TWUA-CIO
- Creation Date: circa 1955
- Subject Date: circa 1955
- Town: Biddeford
- County: York
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 20.3 cm x 25.4 cm
- Local Code: 191 Album 2-35
- Collection: Union Collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Group portraits
- Labor unions--Maine--Biddeford
- Pepperell Manufacturing Company
- Textile industry unions--Maine--Biddeford
- Textile industry--Maine--Biddeford
- Textile mill workers--Maine--Biddeford
For more information about this item, contact:Biddeford Mills Museum
2 Main Street, Suite 18-108, Biddeford, ME 04005
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.