Contributed by Westport Island History Committee
Lawrence Colby, Eugene Cromwell, a young boy and Charles Colby, Jr., of Westport Island, all dressed in their Sunday finest, show off some alewives.
The group was probably fishing at the Nequasset Pumping Station in Woolwich, where Charles worked. Lawrence and Charles were brothers; and Eugene was their cousin.
About This Item
- Title: Fishing at the pumping station, Woolwich, ca. 1918
- Creation Date: circa 1918
- Subject Date: circa 1918
- Westport Island, Lincoln County, ME
- Woolwich, Sagadahoc County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 7 cm x 11 cm
- Local Code: ColbyGreenleaf.Photo.37.circa1918
- Collection: Colby Greenleaf Collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Clothing & dress--Maine--Westport Island
- Fish--Maine--Westport Island
- Fishing--Maine--Westport Island
- Westport Island (Me.)
For more information about this item, contact:Westport Island History Committee
6 Fowles Point Road, Westport Island, ME 04578
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.