Contributed by Westport Island History Committee
Archie Cunningham, a fisherman and oysterman on Westport Island, enlisted in the army in 1941 as a warrant officer.
He received a year's training at Fort Devens and was stationed at Fort Williams, South Portland. While on Westport, he boarded with Richard and Jeannette Fowle.
About This Item
- Title: Archie Cunningham, Westport Island, ca. 1941
- Creation Date: circa 1941
- Subject Date: circa 1941
- Town: Ayer, S. Portland, Westport Island
- County: Cumberland, Lincoln, Middlesex
- State: MA, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 8 cm x 6 cm
- Local Code: ColbyGreenleaf.Photo.35.ca1941
- Collection: Colby Greenleaf Collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
For more information about this item, contact:Westport Island History Committee
6 Fowles Point Road, Westport Island, ME 04578
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.