Contributed by Westport Island History Committee
Archie Cunningham (left) and Richard Fowle bask in the glory of a good day's catch of striped bass, or "stripers." Fowle lived near Fowles Point on Westport Island, so the men probably caught the fish at Fowles Point Cove.
About This Item
- Title: Striper catch, Westport Island, 1961
- Creation Date: 1961-09-01
- Subject Date: 1961-09-01
- Location: Westport Island, Lincoln County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 9 cm x 9 cm
- Local Code: ColbyGreenleaf.Photo.25.1961
- Collection: Colby Greenleaf Collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Basses (Fish)--Maine--Westport Island
- Fish--Maine--Westport Island
- Fishing--Maine--Westport Island
- Westport Island (Me.)
For more information about this item, contact:Westport Island History Committee
6 Fowles Point Road, Westport Island, ME 04578
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.