Contributed by Fort Kent Historical Society
English language proclamation signed by Frank McKenna, Premiere of New Brunswick, commemorating the 150th anniversary of the of the signing of the Treaty of Washington (the Webster-Ashburton Treaty) that ended the boundary dispute between Maine and Canada known as the Aroostook War.
About This Item
- Title: Treaty anniversary proclamation, 1992
- Creation Date: 1992-08-09
- Subject Date: 1842-08-09
- State: ME, NB
- Media: Ink on paper
- Object Type: Text
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- McKenna, Frank
- Great Britain. Treaties, etc. United States, 1842 Aug. 9--Anniversaries
- Webster-Ashburton Treaty, 1842
- United States--Boundaries--Canada
- Canada--Boundaries--United States
- Premiers--Canada--New Brunswick
- Northeast boundary of the United States
- Treaty of Washington, 1842
For more information about this item, contact:Fort Kent Historical Society
PO Box 181, Fort Kent, ME 04703
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.