Contributed by Fort Kent Historical Society
Proclamation signed by John R. McKernan, governor of Maine, celebrating the sesquicentennial of the signing of the Webster-Ashburton Treaty (The Treaty of Washington), which ended the boundary dispute between Maine and Canada known as the Aroostook War.
About This Item
- Title: Webster-Ashburton anniversary proclamation, 1992
- Creation Date: 1992-08-08
- Subject Date: 1842-08-08
- Town: Fort Kent
- County: Aroostook
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 35 cm x 21.4 cm
- Object Type: Text
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Northeast boundary of the United States
- Webster-Ashburton Treaty, 1842
- Great Britain. Treaties, etc. United States, 1842 Aug. 9--Anniversaries
- Treaty of Washington, 1842
- McKernan, John R.
- United States--Boundaries--Canada
- Canada--Boundaries--United States
- Aroostook War
- Daniel Webster
- John R. McKernon
- Lord Ashburton
- New Brunswick
- Treaty of Washington
- Webster-Ashburton Treaty
For more information about this item, contact:Fort Kent Historical Society
PO Box 181, Fort Kent, ME 04703
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.