Contributed by Mantor Library at UMF
Farmington State Normal School students regularly took picnic lunches to Craig’s Ledge. Their “Normal Dom.” basket indicates it was from the Domestic Science program at the school.
Students in the Domestic Science course--which later became known as Home Economics--often prepared the picnics as a way for them to practice food preparation and menu planning skills.
Leona Coy is the third girl from the left in the back row and the woman at the end of that row (on Leona’s right) is Manual Training instructor Miss Edna Havey.
About This Item
- Title: Craig's Ledge picnic, Farmington, ca. 1922
- Creation Date: circa 1922
- Subject Date: circa 1922
- Location: Farmington, Franklin County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 6.25 cm x 10.5 cm
- Local Code: Leona Coy Photo Album
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Farmington State Normal School (Me.)
- University of Maine Farmington
- Farmington State Teachers College (Me.)
- Home economics--Maine--Farmington
- college students
- Craig's Ledge
- Domestic Science
- Edna Havey
- Farmington State Normal School
- Home Ec
- Home Economics
- Leona Coy album
- University of Maine at Farmington
For more information about this item, contact:Mantor Library at UMF
University of Maine at Farmington, 116 South Street, Farmington, ME 04938
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.