Contributed by Norcross Heritage Trust
From his tidy clothing, we may assume the man is a "sport," or a tourist who hired a guide--probably for hunting purposes, as indicted by the hindquarters of a deer hanging to the right.
The treatment of the cabin door frame with carefully trimmed log ends is unusual.
About This Item
- Title: Sportsman at Buckhorn Camp, Jo-Mary Lakes, 1910
- Creation Date: circa 1910
- Subject Date: circa 1910
- Local Name: Jo-Mary Lakes
- Town: Indian Purchase Township No. 4
- County: Penobscot
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 8.1 cm x 14 cm
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Norcross Heritage Trust
80 Lyme Rd., Apt 353, Hanover, NH 03755
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.