Contributed by Norcross Heritage Trust
From his tidy clothing, we may assume the man is a "sport," or a tourist who hired a guide--probably for hunting purposes, as indicted by the hindquarters of a deer hanging to the right.
The treatment of the cabin door frame with carefully trimmed log ends is unusual.
About This Item
- Title: Sportsman at Buckhorn Camp, Jo-Mary Lakes, 1910
- Creation Date: circa 1910
- Subject Date: circa 1910
- Local Name: Jo-Mary Lakes
- Town: Indian Purchase Township No. 4
- County: Penobscot
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 8.1 cm x 14 cm
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Norcross Heritage Trust
80 Lyme Rd., Apt 353, Hanover, NH 03755
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.