Contributed by Norcross Heritage Trust
The three boats docked on the left side of the dock, the Rex, Lizzie and Minnehaha, were operated by the Norcross Transportation Company.
The railroad tracks on the wharf were a loading spur from the main line of the Bangor & Aroostook Railroad.
About This Item
- Title: Boats at Norcross Wharf, North Twin Lake, ca. 1925
- Creation Date: circa 1925
- Subject Date: circa 1925
- Local Name: Norcross
- Town: Indian Purchase Township No. 3
- County: Penobscot
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 7.5 cm x 12 cm
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Bangor and Aroostook Railroad Company
- Lakes & ponds--Maine--Norcross
- Penobscot River (Me.)
- Piers & wharves--Maine--Norcross
- Steamboats--United States--Maine--Norcross
For more information about this item, contact:Norcross Heritage Trust
80 Lyme Rd., Apt 353, Hanover, NH 03755
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.