Contributed by Norcross Heritage Trust
The steamboat Orra, part of the fleet of the Norcross Transportation Company, was constructed at the original wharf in Norcross Cove on North Twin Lake.
The house on the hill above the lake was known as the Rice Cottage and as of 2015, still exists. The roof of a large animal barn rises in the background.
About This Item
- Title: Boat under construction at Norcross Wharf, North Twin Lake, 1902
- Creation Date: circa 1902
- Subject Date: circa 1902
- Local Name: Norcross
- Town: Indian Purchase Township No. 3
- County: Penobscot
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 9.0 cm x 11.5 cm
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Norcross Heritage Trust
80 Lyme Rd., Apt 353, Hanover, NH 03755
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.