Contributed by Norcross Heritage Trust
Two "sports" stood in front of a cabin at Rainbow Lake. There were several camps on this popular Piscataquis County lake, situated between Nahmakanta Lake and the West Branch of the Penoboscot River.
Note the vertical log siding, and use of smaller round wood for door bracing and porch roof supports.
About This Item
- Title: Sportsmen's Camp, Rainbow Lake, ca. 1900
- Creation Date: circa 1900
- Subject Date: circa 1900
- Local Name: Rainbow Lake
- Town: Rainbow Township
- County: Piscataquis
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 9.5 cm x 12.5 cm
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Group Portraits--Maine--Rainbow Township
- Guides & scouts--Maine--Rainbow Township
- Log buildings--Maine--Rainbow Township
- Penobscot River (Me.)
For more information about this item, contact:Norcross Heritage Trust
80 Lyme Rd., Apt 353, Hanover, NH 03755
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.