Contributed by Norcross Heritage Trust
Workers were constructing a portion of what became the guides' quarters at Norcross House, known as "the log camp."
Albert F. Fowler is on the left, the other workers are unidentified. The center man holds an auger, and person at right holds a peavey.
About This Item
- Title: Building the log camp, Norcross, ca. 1900
- Creation Date: circa 1900
- Subject Date: circa 1900
- Local Name: Norcross
- Town: Indian Purchase Township No. 3
- County: Penobscot
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 9.5 cm x 12.5 cm
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Norcross Heritage Trust
80 Lyme Rd., Apt 353, Hanover, NH 03755
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Guides & scouts--Maine--Norcross
- Log buildings--Maine--Norcross
- Lumber camps--Maine--Norcross
- Lumber industry
- Work camps--Maine--Norcross
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.