Contributed by Mantor Library at UMF
Miss Edna Havey (left), the Manual Training instructor at Farmington State Normal School (F.S.N.S.), and student Dorothy Currier (right) enjoy a row on Clearwater Pond as classmate Helen Aldrich looks on.
The pond was a popular outdoor destination for the F.S.N.S. students for picnics and camping, as well as a base for the outdoor activities of the school's Campfire Girls groups. For many years, the school's annual class day was held there each spring just prior to graduation day.
About This Item
- Title: Rowing on Clearwater Pond, Farmington, ca. 1923
- Creation Date: circa 1923
- Subject Date: circa 1923
- Location: Farmington, Franklin County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 6.2 cm x 9 cm
- Local Code: Misc. Photos Box: Envelope of 12 photos (1923-1924)
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Universities and colleges--Faculty
- Farmington State Teachers College (Me.)
- Farmington State Normal School (Me.)
- University of Maine Farmington
- Women college teachers--Maine
- campfire girls
- Clearwater Pond
- college students
- Edna Havey
- Farmington State Normal School
- Sailor suits
- University of Maine at Farmington
- Women in ties
- Women wearing ties
For more information about this item, contact:Mantor Library at UMF
University of Maine at Farmington, 116 South Street, Farmington, ME 04938
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
More to Consider
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.