Contributed by National Archives at Boston
A Lombard tractor pulling four sled loads of pulpwood during the Brown Company pulpwood operation in Magalloway Plantation. These logs were eventually transported to a pulpwood mill. The Northeastern Timber Salvage Administration oversaw salvage logging efforts in the aftermath of the New England Hurricane of 1938.
About This Item
- Title: Tractor hauling pulpwood, Magalloway Plantation, 1939
- Creator: U.S. Forest Service. Northeastern Timber Salvage Administration.
- Creation Date: 1939
- Subject Date: 1939
- Location: Magalloway Plantation, Oxford County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Local Code: NAID #5313453, Box 2, 35/16/7
- Collection: Record Group 95: Records of the U.S. Forest Service; Records Related to Timber Salvage, 1938-1941
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Brown Company
- Log transportation
- Loggers--Maine--Magalloway Plantation
- Logging--Maine--Magalloway Plantation
- Lumber industry--Maine--Magalloway Plantation
- Maine Forestry District
- Tractors--United States--Maine--Magalloway Plantation
For more information about this item, contact:National Archives at Boston
380 Trapelo Road, Waltham, MA 02452
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.