Contributed by National Archives at Boston
U.S. Forest Service scalers measured logs at Bear Pond, located in Waterford Township, during the salvage logging process conducted by the Northeastern Timber Salvage Administration in the aftermath of the New England Hurricane of 1938.
About This Item
- Title: U.S. Forest Service scale measuring logs, Bear Pond, 1939
- Creator: U.S. Forest Service. Northeastern Timber Salvage Administration.
- Creation Date: 1939
- Subject Date: 1939
- Location: Waterford , Oxford County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Local Code: NAID #5313453, Box 2, 35/16/7
- Collection: Record Group 95: Records of the U.S. Forest Service; Records Related to Timber Salvage, 1938-1941
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Brown Company
- Log transportation
- Loggers--Maine--Waterford Township
- Logging--Maine--Waterford Township
- Lumber industry--Maine--Waterford Township
- Maine Forestry District
- Tractors--United States--Maine--Waterford Township
For more information about this item, contact:National Archives at Boston
380 Trapelo Road, Waltham, MA 02452
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.