Contributed by Maine Historical Society
"Maria" writes to Elizabeth Mountfort of Portland, an anti-slavery advocate, about life in Trinidad, Cuba. She describes Cuban slavery.
About This Item
- Title: Letter to Elizabeth Mounfort from a friend in Trinidad, Cuba, July 4, 1847
- Creation Date: 1847-07-04
- Subject Date: 1847-07-04
- Town: Portland, Trinidad
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Local Code: Coll. 14, Box 1/6
- Collection: Portland Anti-Slavery Society records
- Object Type: Text
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Mountfort, Elizabeth, 1806-1876--Correspondence
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.