Contributed by Washburn Norlands Living History Center
This record was added to Maine Memory Network through the efforts of a student at Spruce Mountain High School. More info about student projects.
Adjutant General John L. Hodson writes to the Selectmen of Livermore to verify the dischargement of Private William Beckler. Born in 1845 in Livermore, Beckler served with Company C, 8th Maine Volunteer Infantry during the Civil War, from 1863 until May 29, 1865.
About This Item
- Title: William Beckler's discharge document, Augusta, 1865
- Creator: John L Hodson
- Creation Date: 1865-06-19
- Subject Date: 1865-06-19
- Augusta, Kennebec County, ME
- Livermore, Androscoggin County, ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 10 cm x 12 cm
- Local Code: Box 13 Folder 3
- Collection: Town of Livermore Collection
- Object Type: Text
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Maine--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
- Military discharges--Maine
- Military discharges--United States--1860-1870
- Military service, Voluntary
- Military service, Voluntary Recruiting & enlistment--Livermore
- Military service--1860-1870
- United States. Army--Maine Infantry Regiment, 8th (1861-1866)
For more information about this item, contact:Washburn Norlands Living History Center
290 Norlands Road, Livermore, ME 04253
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.