Contributed by Washburn Norlands Living History Center
This record was added to Maine Memory Network through the efforts of a student at Spruce Mountain High School. More info about student projects.
John L. Hodson, Adjutant General of the State of Maine, wrote to the selectmen of Livermore promoting Sylvan G. Shurtleff to the rank of a commissioned officer.
Shurtleff served as a Sergeant with the 8th Maine Regiment of Volunteers during the Civil War.
About This Item
- Title: Sylvan G. Shurtleff Promotion, Livermore, 1865
- Creator: John L. Hodson
- Creation Date: 1865-01-23
- Subject Date: 1865-01-23
- Location: Augusta, Kennebec County, ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 24.5 cm x 19.5 cm
- Local Code: Box 13 Folder 3
- Collection: Town of Livermore Collection
- Object Type: Text
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Military service--1860-1870
- Military service, Voluntary
- Maine--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
- United States. Army--Maine Infantry Regiment, 8th (1861-1866)
For more information about this item, contact:Washburn Norlands Living History Center
290 Norlands Road, Livermore, ME 04253
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.