Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Merrill Slate Co. of Williamsburg received an award for "evenness of texture and cleavage, and uniformity in color" from the United States Centennial Commission for roofing slates the company submitted to the International Exhibition in Philadelphia in 1876.
About This Item
- Title: Merrill Slate Co. International Exhibition award, Philadelphia, 1876
- Creator: United States Centennial Commission
- Creation Date: 1876-12-18
- Subject Date: 1876
- Town: Philadelphia
- County: Philadelphia
- State: PA
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 42 cm x 28 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 131, Box 1/12
- Collection: Greenleaf-Merrill family papers
- Object Type: Text
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Slate quarrying--Maine--Brownville
- United States Centennial Commission
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.