Contributed by Lithgow Public Library
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Construction of Lithgow Library in Augusta took place between 1894 and 1897. Carpenters finished the interior of the book room and rotunda with quartered oak.
Pictured are what would become eight fluted columns with Ionic capitals. In the rear is the book room fireplace, which was paneled in oak and featured a carved Maine State Seal.
About This Item
- Title: Carpenters in Lithgow book room, Augusta, ca. 1895
- Creation Date: circa 1895
- Subject Date: circa 1895
- Location: Augusta, Kennebec County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 20 cm x 25 cm
- Local Code: photographs--001
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Lithgow Public Library (Augusta, Me.)
- National Register of Historic Places
For more information about this item, contact:Lithgow Public Library
45 Winthrop Street, Augusta, ME 04330
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.