Contributed by Norcross Heritage Trust
This house served the keepers and workers at the dam on the West Branch of the Penobscot River, at the base of North Twin and Elbow Lakes. The original dam was erected about 1840, and has been raised and replaced several times.
About This Item
- Title: Keeper's house, North Twin Dam, 1870
- Creation Date: 1870
- Subject Date: 1870
- Local Name: North Twin Dam
- Town: Indian Purchase Township No. 3
- County: Penobscot
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 12.8 cm x 20.2 cm
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Norcross Heritage Trust
80 Lyme Rd., Apt 353, Hanover, NH 03755
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.