Contributed by Norcross Heritage Trust
Workers harvested ice at Norcross Cove on North Twin Lake. The Norcross Hotel stored ice blocks in an ice house, using it to cool their large walk-in refrigerator.
In the the background are the steamboat wharf cribwork and Rice Cottage.
About This Item
- Title: Cutting ice, Norcross, ca. 1900
- Creator: Fowler, Albert Francis
- Creation Date: circa 1900
- Subject Date: circa 1900
- Local Name: Norcross
- Town: Indian Purchase Township No. 3
- County: Penobscot
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 9.3 cm x 11.6 cm
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Norcross Heritage Trust
80 Lyme Rd., Apt 353, Hanover, NH 03755
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.