Contributed by Norcross Heritage Trust
Gene Hale, left, and respected Penobscot Indian guide Joe Dennis, right, pole their canoes up the West Branch of the Penobscot River. Hale and Dennis worked as guides for the region's sporting camps.
The scene is somewhere near Abol Falls, and Mt. Katahdin is in the background.
About This Item
- Title: Poling up the West Branch, Penobscot River, ca. 1920
- Creation Date: circa 1920
- Subject Date: circa 1920
- Local Name: Abol Falls
- Town: T1 R9 WELS
- County: Piscataquis
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 19.5 cm x 24 cm
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Norcross Heritage Trust
80 Lyme Rd., Apt 353, Hanover, NH 03755
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Penobscot Indians
- Katahdin, Mount (Me.)
- Canoes--United States--Maine--Norcross
- Lakes & ponds--Maine--Norcross
- Penobscot River (Me.)
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.