Contributed by Maine Central Institute
This record was added to Maine Memory Network through the efforts of a student at Maine Centeral Institute. Learn more.
In a letter to Mr. Pushaw of Pittsfield, Maine's Adjutant General, J.L. Hodsdon, requested information about which regiments the men from Pittsfield were serving in, to meet Pittsfield's enlistment quota during the Civil War. Hodson indicated that enlistment papers were sent to the town's selectmen.
About This Item
- Title: Letter regarding Pittsfield's Civil War enlistment quotas, Augusta, 1862
- Creator: Hodsdon, J. L.
- Creation Date: 1862-09-03
- Subject Date: 1862-09-03
- Town: Augusta
- County: Kennebec
- State: ME
- Media: ink on paper
- Dimensions: 12.5 cm x 25.0 cm
- Object Type: Text
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Central Institute
295 Main Street, Pittsfield, ME 04967
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
- Pittsfield (Me.)--History--Civil War, 1862-1865--Recruiting and enlistment
- Maine--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
- Recruiting and enlistment
- United States--History--Civil War, 1862-1865--Recruiting and enlistment
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.