Contributed by Maine Central Institute
This record was added to Maine Memory Network through the efforts of a student at Maine Centeral Institute. Learn more.
In a letter to Mr. Pushaw of Pittsfield, Maine's Adjutant General, J.L. Hodsdon, requested information about which regiments the men from Pittsfield were serving in, to meet Pittsfield's enlistment quota during the Civil War. Hodson indicated that enlistment papers were sent to the town's selectmen.
About This Item
- Title: Letter regarding Pittsfield's Civil War enlistment quotas, Augusta, 1862
- Creator: Hodsdon, J. L.
- Creation Date: 1862-09-03
- Subject Date: 1862-09-03
- Town: Augusta
- County: Kennebec
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 12.5 cm x 25.0 cm
- Object Type: Text
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
- Pittsfield (Me.)--History--Civil War, 1862-1865--Recruiting and enlistment
- Maine--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
- Recruiting and enlistment
- United States--History--Civil War, 1862-1865--Recruiting and enlistment
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Central Institute
295 Main Street, Pittsfield, ME 04967
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.