Contributed by Lithgow Public Library
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
This paperweight is glass with a black and white photograph inside and a canvas backing. The photograph is of Lithgow Public Library, named for Llewellyn Lithgow, who willed the funds to the city for the library's construction. The library opened to the public in 1896. This item was given to the library from the estate of Paul Gilman.
About This Item
- Title: Lithgow Library Paperweight, Augusta, ca. 1920
- Creation Date: circa 1920
- Subject Date: circa 1920
- Location: Augusta, Kennebec County, ME
- Media: Glass, photograph and linen
- Dimensions: 10 cm x 7 cm x 1.5 cm
- Local Code: Souvenirs -- 001
- Object Type: Physical Object
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Lithgow Public Library (Augusta, Me.)
- National Register of Historic Places
- Reading rooms--Maine--Augusta
- Public buildings--Maine--Augusta
- Granite buildings
- Public buildings
- Reading rooms
- Romanesque renaissance architecture
- Winter scene
For more information about this item, contact:Lithgow Public Library
45 Winthrop Street, Augusta, ME 04330
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.