Contributed by Whitefield Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The Coopers Mills Baptist Church is located on a hill at the east end of Main Street in Whitefield. This view is from the Howe Cemetery across the street.
In 1980 the Sheepscot Valley Health Center bought the church, removed the steeple, and has enlarged the building twice. As of 2014 and after a century of worship, this building remains a busy and important part of the community.
About This Item
- Title: Coopers Mills Baptist Church, Whitefield, ca. 1920
- Creation Date: circa 1920
- Subject Date: circa 1920
- Local Name: Coopers Mills
- Town: Whitefield
- County: USA
- State: ME
- Media: Postcard
- Dimensions: 8.8 cm x 14 cm
- Local Code: 2011.62.03
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Baptist churches--Maine--Coopers Mills
- Baptist churches--Maine--Whitefield
- Buildings--Maine--Coopers Mills
- Coopers Mills Baptist Church (Whitefield, Me.)--Photographs
- Whitefield (Me.)
For more information about this item, contact:Whitefield Historical Society
PO Box 176, Whitefield, ME 04353
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.