Contributed by St. Albans Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
St. Albans had many crossroads, but it appears this one welcomed travelers with a water pump, located to the right of the center of the intersection.
The road to the right leads over Mill Hill to Palmyra, and directly ahead the road leads to another crossroad called the Village Square. The road at the left brought travelers to St. Albans from Hartland. This scene was taken from the Cemetery Road.
About This Item
- Title: Cross Roads, St. Albans, ca. 1895
- Creation Date: circa 1895
- Subject Date: circa 1895
- Location: St. Albans, Somerset County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 12.08 cm x 17.72 cm
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Rural areas--Maine--St. Albans
- Transportation--Maine--St. Albans
- Villages--Maine--St. Albans
- Streets--Maine--St. Albans
- Water pumps--Maine--St. Albans
For more information about this item, contact:St. Albans Historical Society
7 Water St, St. Albans, ME 04971
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.