Contributed by Fort Kent Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
A hand car and utility car hauling a piece of equipment on the Bangor and Aroostook Railroad in Northern Maine.
Hand cars were replaced by Fairmont Speeders in the 1950s and later by HiRail equipped trucks and maintenance equipment in the 1970s.
About This Item
- Title: Bangor and Aroostook Railroad hand car, Aroostook County, ca. 1930
- Creation Date: circa 1930
- Subject Date: circa 1930
- County: Aroostook
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 20 cm x 25 cm
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Railroad cars
- Bangor and Aroostook Railroad Company--Equipment and supplies
- Railroad construction & maintenance
For more information about this item, contact:Fort Kent Historical Society
PO Box 181, Fort Kent, ME 04703
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.