Contributed by Fort Kent Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
This gasoline powered vehicle, the Fairmont Speeder, was used by the Bangor and Aroostook Railraod in the 1950s and 1960s.
It was built by Fairmont Railway Motors Inc. of Fairmont, Minnesota.
The Speeders were replaced in the 1980s with the more flexible Hi-Rail trucks that could transport more men and equipment and ran on both roads and rails.
About This Item
- Title: Fairmont Speeder
- Creation Date: circa 1950
- Subject Date: circa 1950
- Local Name: Fort Kent Historical Society
- Town: Fort Kent
- County: Aroostook
- State: ME
- Media: Metal
- Dimensions: 165 cm x 160 cm x 145 cm
- Object Type: Physical Object
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Bangor and Aroostook Railroad--Equipment and supplies
- Fairmont Gas Engine and Railway Motorcar Company (Fairmont, Minn.)
- Railroads--Maine--Equipment and supplies
- Railroad cars--United States--Maine
For more information about this item, contact:Fort Kent Historical Society
PO Box 181, Fort Kent, ME 04703
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.