Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
This sign hung in the Wadsworth-Longfellow house garden. The yard behind the house lay undeveloped after Maine Historical Society took over the Wadsworth-Longfellow house following the death of Anne Longfellow Pierce.
In 1924, the Longfellow Garden Club formed to establish a garden in memory of the poet and his family who had lived in the house.
About This Item
- Title: Longfellow Garden Club sign, Portland, ca. 1924
- Creation Date: circa 1924
- Subject Date: circa 1924
- Location: Portland, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Paint on poster board
- Local Code: Coll. 110
- Collection: Records of the Maine Historical Society
- Object Type: Physical Object
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Gardening--Societies, etc.
- Historic gardens
- Longfellow family
- Longfellow Garden Club (Portland, Me.)
- Longfellow, Henry Wadsworth, 1807-1886--Commemoration
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.