Contributed by Maine Historical Society
The ceramic pitcher shows both the Wadsworth-Longfellow House on Congress Street in Portland and the Maine Historical Society headquarters, which was built in 1907, to the right rear of the house.
Souvenirs of the house, Maine's first historic home museum, and the childhood home of poet Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, were especially popular in the early 20th century.
About This Item
- Title: Souvenir Longfellow House pitcher, ca. 1910
- Creator: Burgess & Leith
- Creation Date: circa 1910
- Subject Date: circa 1910
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Ceramic
- Dimensions: 16.8 cm x 22 cm x 11 cm
- Local Code: 2014.07
- Object Type: Physical Object
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Longfellow, Henry Wadsworth, 1807-1882--Commemoration
- Maine Historical Society
- Wadsworth-Longfellow House (Portland, Me.)
- Historic houses--Maine--Portland
- Longfellow family
- Wadsworth family
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.