Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The postcard, printed in about 1910, has text of the Henry Wadsworth Longfellow poem, "The Rainy Day," and a small image of the Wadsworth-Longfellow house, the poet's childhood home, pasted above it. After poem, is printed: "Written at the house in 1841."
About This Item
- Title: "The Rainy Day" postcard, Portland, ca. 1910
- Creator: Thompson, Fred
- Creation Date: circa 1910
- Subject Date: circa 1910
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Postcard
- Local Code: Coll. 4014, Portland--Longfellow
- Object Type: Text and Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Historic buildings--Maine--Portland
- Longfellow, Henry Wadsworth, 1807-1882--Homes and haunts--Maine--Portland
- Longfellow, Henry Wadsworth, 1807-1882. The Rainy Day.
- Maine Historical Society (Portland, Me.)
- Pierce, Anne Longfellow, 1810-1901--Homes and haunts--Maine--Portland--Photographs
- Wadsworth, Peleg, 1748-1829--Homes and haunts--Maine--Portland
- Wadsworth-Longfellow House (Me.)--Photographs
- Wadsworth-Longfellow House--Exteriors
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.