Contributed by Maine Historical Society
A group of Portland residents sought to use City Hall in July 1862 to hold a "Patriotic Meeting" to "stimulate the Patriotism of our citizens, and encourage enlistment" in Civil War regiments.
The broadside is dated July 21, 1862.
About This Item
- Title: Patriotic meeting broadside, Portland, 1862
- Creation Date: 1862
- Subject Date: 1862
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Lithograph, ink on paper
- Dimensions: 31 cm x 14 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 463, #424
- Collection: WPA broadsides relating to Maine, Massachusetts, and World War I
- Object Type: Text
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Advertising--Recruiting and enlistment
- Recruiting and enlistment
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
- United States. Army--Recruiting, enlistment, etc.
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.