Contributed by Maine Maritime Museum
Organized in 1845, the Venerable Cunner Association and Propeller Club (Cunner Club) was started by six Portland businessmen trying to beat the summer heat.
The Cunner Club has been meeting annually the first Tuesday in August ever since. Membership is limited to just 25 members and operates with the same basic set of by-laws as they did in the 1850s.
About This Item
- Title: 50th Anniversary of the Cunner Club, Cape Elizabeth, 1895
- Creator: Venerable Cunner Association and Propeller Club
- Creation Date: 1895-08-06
- Subject Date: 1895-08-06
- Town: Cape Elizabeth
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper, manuscript
- Object Type: Text
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Clubs--Maine--Cape Elizabeth
- Venerable Cunner Association and Propeller Club (Me.)
- Venerable Cunner Association and Propeller Club (Me.)--Anniversaries
- Tewksbury, Clinton L.
- Leach, Convers O.
- Fernald, Sumner C.
- Fobes, Leander W.
- Bearce, Samuel F.
- Shaw, John L.
- Staples, Edward P.
- Raymond, George C.
- Ricks, Millard F.
- Colby, William W.
- Tolman, Charles N.
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Maritime Museum
243 Washington Street, Bath, ME 04530
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.