Contributed by Westbrook Historical Society
The 25th Regiment, Co. E Maine Infantry (9 months, 1862-63) was organized at Portland, recruited in Westbrook and mustered in September 29, 1862.
The soldiers left the state for Washington, D.C, on October 16, 1862.
They served garrison duty in the defenses of Washington, D.C., from October 18, 1862 to March 24, 1863. The regiment moved to Chantilly, Virginia, March 24, and was on picket duty there until June 26
They mustered out July 10, 1863 were ordered home June 30, 1863. The regiment lost a total of 20 enlisted men during service, all due to disease.
About This Item
- Title: Co. E, 25th Maine memorial, ca. 1880
- Creation Date: circa 1880
- Subject Date: circa 1880
- Westbrook, Cumberland County, ME
- Portland, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Chromolithograph
- Object Type: Text and Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Military service--1860-1870
- United States. Army. Maine Infantry Regiment, 25th (1862-1863). Company B
- Recruiting & enlistment--1860-1870
- United States--Civil War, 1861-1865
- Military service, Voluntary
- Maine--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
For more information about this item, contact:Westbrook Historical Society
426 Bridge Street, Westbrook, ME 04092
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.