Ice Cream Parlor at the Arcade, East Machias, 1927Item 87970 info
Penobscot Marine Museum
The Arcade was built in 1926 along Route 1 in East Machias and was owned by R.K. Dennison of East Machias.
This popular destination attracted locals and tourists alike. It had a theater and an ice cream parlor and dining room.
One September night, someone put a cigarette butt in the waste container, and the Arcade burned down.