In partnership with the Maine Memory Network Maine Memory Network

Maine Memory Network

Recreation & Tourism

Ice Cream Parlor at the Arcade, East Machias, 1927

Ice Cream Parlor at the Arcade, East Machias, 1927

Item 87970 info
Penobscot Marine Museum

The Arcade was built in 1926 along Route 1 in East Machias and was owned by R.K. Dennison of East Machias.

This popular destination attracted locals and tourists alike. It had a theater and an ice cream parlor and dining room.

One September night, someone put a cigarette butt in the waste container, and the Arcade burned down.


Item 1 of 19