Coveside Inn, Christmas Cove, ca. 1980Item 79560 info
South Bristol Historical Society
The Russell House was sold in 1940 and renamed the "Coveside Inn."
The restaurant and lounge at Coveside were popular gathering places during the summer months, for year-round residents of Rutherford Island as well as the summer visitors.
In 1960 a small motel was constructed near the shore and a restaurant was built on pilings over the water.
In 1978 a vicious winter storm destroyed the restaurant, but it was rebuilt by then owners Mike and Barbara Mitchell.