The Thompson Inn in South Bristol Village ca. 1924Item 79561 info
South Bristol Historical Society
By the early 1890's, Ada Thompson McFarland and her husband Eliphalet had been taking in summer boarders for several years.
Several times, they expanded the home that Ada's father built in 1840 on the mainland near the harbor.
By 1924, known as the Thompson Inn, it had a large two-story wing and a veranda, making it a major attraction to the summer folk.