The steamer Brandon was built in 1902 for the Old Dominion Steamship Company in Virginia, where she served for many years. In 1925 and for a few years thereafter, she served in Maine, going between Portland and Rockland and stopping in Friendship along the way. Both the Brandon and the steamship business at large were reaching the end of their productive years in the mid 1920s. Over her many years of service, the Brandon flew the flags of three companies and two nations.
View additional information about this item on the Maine Memory Network.