In partnership with the Maine Memory Network Maine Memory Network

Maine Memory Network

A Tour of Sanford in 1900

Allen and Emery's Store, Springvale Square, 1891

Allen and Emery's Store, Springvale Square, 1891

Item 9773 info
Sanford Historical Committee

Harmon Allen was the founder of Nasson College and
was in active control of its affair for the first 30 to 40 years of its existence. For many years he was also the Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the University of Maine.

George A. Emery was the son of Deacon William Leigh Emery and was married to Susan Ellen Leavitt of York. He was in business in Boston for a number of years.


Item 11 of 11