Silas W. Taber's business card, c. 1900Item 10879 info
Aroostook County Historical and Art Museum
John Taber, a blacksmith, brought his family from Old Town to Houlton in about 1865. Silas W. Taber learned blacksmithing from his father and built his own blacksmith shop in 1871. Silas' shop supplied the standard blacksmith's products such as horseshoes and tools and provided metal working services to work any metal implement that need repair. He also built wagons and other conveyances.
This is Silas' business card referring to his invention.