Fort Halifax dam and hydro station, Winslow, 1909Item 74732 info
Maine Historical Society
In 1907 the Messalonskee Electric Company completed its first new hydropower investment, Fort Halifax Station on the Sebasticook River in Winslow.
In 1908 the station began providing power to several local interurban railways – major customers that provided almost half of the company’s revenues.
In 1910, Messalonskee Electric Company changed its name to Central Maine Power.