'Two Goyim' program, Portland, 1948Item 54195 info
Congregation Shaarey Tphiloh
In an Orthodox congregation where the men's and women's roles were clearly split, the Sisterhood provided a way for women to be involved in the congregation.
Beyond raising funds and supporting community and synagogue activities, the Sisterhood was a social organization.
In 1948, the Sisterhood sponsored a play -- and members acted many of the roles in it.