Bell Hill School, Otisfield, about 1899Item 7339 info
Otisfield Historical Society
The old brick schoolhouse on Bell Hill has met a happier fate. Last used as a school in 1940, for a number of years it was occupied only by porcupines. Today, thanks to the efforts of the Bell Hill Meeting House Association, it is furnished again with desks, stove, and chalkboards, serving as a concrete reminder of a different style of schooling in centuries past.
Students identified are Blanche Spiller (later Ripley), third from right in back row; and George B. Turner, far right, back row; two of smaller girls in front are probably Sara Spiller and Grace Spiller (later Dyer).